Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
Prayer breaks chains and gives favor that is supernatural. It enables rescue and puts people in the right place at the right time.
It’s been awhile, and so much has been happening in the world of anti-trafficking! Next month we’ll begin addressing demand.
But right now we have big news! On April 11th US bill H.R. 1865 FOSTA-SESTA (Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act) was signed by President Trump. This is monumental, and follows on the heels of federal agencies seizing Backpage.com just a week earlier, soon followed by a 93-count indictment to the founders. You can read more about FOSTA and Backpage in this article from Shared Hope. But what does this mean?
In short, this means it shouldn’t be as easy to buy and sell sex online anymore – both now, and in the future. And other sites that seek to take Backpage’s place will be more easily prosecuted and shut down through the signing of the FOSTA- SESTA. Let’s rejoice in this news, and pray over prayer requests from Rescue Freedom International and a friend.
- Pray for dreams to be fulfilled of a survivor opening her new salon, and another for opening a cosmetic store.
- For health of relationships and potential marriages for the survivors.
- To reach specific goals for this coming year – a new shelter and a new kitchen.
- A baby recently born in one of the homes is not well. At 5 months old, she is not developing as she should, and the home suspects demonic influence in her and her mother. Pray for complete freedom and healing for all.
- Trafficking investigation in partnership with authorities - Please pray for success, protection, justice and favor.
- Pray for refreshment and strength of the site leaders.
- Pray for unity in the organization and for the staff members - for survivors that are staff to be examples of hope for other survivors.
- Pray for financial stability for all partner organizations.
- Pray for an anonymous safe house where “all hell is breaking loose.” “There are many girls with mental health issues, substance abuse, and domestic violence. The spiritual warfare for these girls is extremely high.
- Pray for the Lord's peace and unity. Pray also for wisdom and discernment to help those we can help, a difficult decision not to take everyone.
How to pray? Download the Anti-Trafficking Prayer Guide.
The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16b
Standing in the gap with you,