Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
Prayer breaks chains and gives favor that is supernatural. It enables rescue and puts people in the right place at the right time.
Greetings! Can you believe we are almost at the end of summer? I want to make sure you are equipped with tools that are helpful in stopping human trafficking in your community. So this month I’m bringing your attention to the 2018 TIP Report and helpful internet tips from Let’s Talk Teens.
Predators abound on social media. Read more for helpful tools to set your family up for success in dealing with social media.
We have been sharing the annual TIP (Trafficking in Persons) Report for years and here it is for 2018. This report, released by the U.S. State Department's Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons, grades countries around the world on a tier system, according to their practices regarding human trafficking.
How Does Your Country Rank? To see where your nation ranks, you can find a 1-2 page summary of how trafficking is being combatted in your nation, as well as read an explanation for its tier standing, by scrolling down the page to “Country Narratives” and browsing the section listing nations alphabetically.
For more information or to start conversations with friends or co-workers, scroll down the page further to view and download various Fact Sheets such as:
- How Governments Address Domestic Servitude in Diplomatic HouseholdsDomestic Servitude in Diplomatic Households
- International Programs To Combat Trafficking in Persons
- Protecting Victims From Wrongful Prosecution and Further Victimization
- Tracking Suspicious Financial Activity To Address Human Trafficking
Lets Talk Teens: Keeping Kids Safe in a World of Online Predators
I want to introduce www.LetsTalkTeens.com to you as a resource if you have teenage kids in your life. Here you'll find many helpful articles and short reads that help equip parents and others to be an effective voice in kids lives, in a world with constant voices vying for their attention.
Predators abound on social media. The average age of exposure to pornography is 9-11 years old, with some studies saying between age 6 – 8 years old.
Therefore, I want to draw your attention to Social Media Monitoring Tools. And if you’re like me, you’ll think – I can’t invade their privacy! But as Let’s Talk Teens says, “This is not their diary. It's called social media because they're putting it (this information) out into the world." So in the name, not of spying, but of protecting your children from online predators, here are some tools to check out.
Social Media Monitoring Tools for Teens, Tweens and Children
- Mspy - Trusted monitoring tool that is current on Snapchat, Tinder and Messaging Apps
- Qustodio - Track messages, pics sent and received, helpful for parents of middle schoolers
- TeenSafe - Monitoring of socials, texts, and web history
- Mobile Spy
- Pocket Guardian - Good for Snapchat and Ghost Apps
- Mobicip - Safe browser, especially good for small children
- For a short 3-minute video explanation of more that these apps do, go here.
Webinar for Parents
Let's Talk Teens founder, Kacee Bree Jensen says:
We are the first generation to parent in the social media and digital world, anyone else feel overwhelmed sometimes? Too much screen time is just the start of our challenges. There are 75,000 sexual predators online (according to the FBI) using gaming and DM's to get to our kids. Middle schoolers and high schoolers are now being charged with child pornography for sending a "nudy." Suicide and depression rates have gone up 200% in girls age 10-15 ever since social media has become our focus.
I (Jessica) rarely, rarely ever feature a sellable product for another organization. I’m really not here to sell you things. However, I feel so led to equip parents with the tools to reach their kids in a social media world, that I will feature this one Web Workshop, this one time. Go here for a 1-hour parent video workshop, resources, action steps for your family, and “step by step how-to’s for setting up safety.”
You can use this code for 50% off: CODE: LTT50
The total workshop is then $24.00
I am not receiving anything for this. I just think this information is invaluable. So, forward to parents at will.
- Pray for teens, tweens, and children in your life. Kids WANT to do well. The enemy doesn’t fight fair. Lift up intentional prayer this month for the children you know.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment for teens in your life, neighborhood and city.
- Pray for strength and self-esteem for children as they head back to school in the coming months.
- Pray that predators in your city will have their vile efforts thwarted and be caught, unable to deceive the vulnerable or downtrodden.
- Pray that sex trafficking will CEASE in your town, your schools, and your neighborhood.
- Continue to pray for Rescue Freedom International as they continue to rescue, restore, and empower those caught in slavery. Pray that these young ones would grow up to be change-makers, trusting their faithful Father for life abundant!
- Forcefield - The preferred parental control software solution of Focus on the Family.
- US National Anti-Trafficking Hotline
- The Report: Seeking Justice (Shared Hope International)
Standing in the gap with you,